So my parents are big wine-ohs, and I thought that instead of buying gift bags for all the wine they give that I would try making some reusable bags. I think they turned out pretty well, don’t you?
They are all different sizes because I can’t seem to follow directions, but I am working on it. I got all 3 from 1 ball of RedHeart SuperSaver Medium Worsted yarn, and I could have probably gotten 4 if I had made the smallest size consistently.
I CASE’d the pattern from www.bernat.com, called “Reusable Gift Bag” I altered it slightly because the pattern is really too big for a single bottle of wine. Here are the altered directions:
Use a 5mm or US H hook
1) Chain 17
2) 1 dc in 4th ch from hook (counts as 2 dc). 1 dc in each of the next 14. 3 dc in last ch. Working in the remaining loops of foundation ch work 1 dc in each to the end. 2 dc in last ch. Join with sl st to top of ch 3.
3) Ch 3, dc all the way around, sl st to top of ch 3.
4) Repeat step 3 21 more times or until the top of a wine bottle just peaks out the top.
5) Handles: ch 3, 4 dc, ch 17 and skip 10 dc, dc 13, ch 17 and skip 10 dc, dc back to ch 3, join with sl st. Ch 3 dc all the way around, join with sl st. Repeat 3 times and fasten off.
6) In second row down from handles, weave in a ribbon to cinch the bag around the wine.