Alternative title: What the HECK was I thinking?!
So… welcome to another WIPW… today I am sharing with you the thread project/adventure/disaster/thing I have started.
I quickly discovered that the milward size 1 hook was too big for this project. Look how sloppy it is. Not just the straight chains but all the stitches look terrible. I should mention that this is Priscilla Hewitt’s Pineapple Plumes doily and she lists a size 6 hook. Well, the hook I have is certainly not a size 1.8mm as suggested, so I went and bought one, and frogged that garbage.
This is the current project using the correct size needle (omg it is SO small!!!). It looks way BETTER, and yet it still looks sloppy. First, the middle doesn’t match the photo, so I am going to have to fiddle with that, and secondly, I think the straight chains in between the ‘plumes’ are too long, that’s why it looks sloppy, so I will attempt to fix that.
This doily, by the way, is my current C’Ville swap project for May. I have never worked with thread before, but I’m always up for a challenge. I am not hating it so far but we’ll see if it lasts…
Thanks for reading my WIPW, check out Tami’s Amis for more! XO.